The deadline for EHPS Conference grants, CREATE grants and Synergy grants is Friday 19 May 2017.
The purpose of the conference/workshop grants is to encourage talented researchers and graduate students who do not have access to funding to attend the EHPS conference and the CREATE and Synergy workshops. This year it is expected that we will award one of each of the grant categories.
- Relevance of the applicant's work to the topic of the workshop (for Synergy and CREATE grants), or relevance of the submitted abstract to the conference (for the EHPS conference grant).
- Clear demonstration of financial need.
- Potential of the fund to promote the career/research of the recipient at this particular time.
- A one-page supporting letter, to include: the reasons for applying for the grant, your planned contribution to the specific workshop and/or EHPS Conference and why this would be particularly beneficial to your career/research at this time, and any background information relevant to your funding situation.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages).
- For EHPS conference grants, please indicate in your supporting letter if your abstract has been accepted for an oral or a poster presentation at the conference.
- For EHPS conference grants, abstract of the paper or poster that has been submitted for the EHPS Conference.
- For graduate students, proof of student status, such as a copy of your student ID.
- An official statement from your employer or supervisor that no funding is being provided from the University or Institution and confirming the financial need.
- An estimate of total expected expenses, detailed according to categories: workshop registration/conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Precondition and expectations for receiving grants from the EHPS:
- Candidates must be EHPS members when accepting the grant.
- Grant recipients in the past three years are not eligible for application.
- Grants cannot exceed the maximum amount of costs indicated above.
- Candidates should give an estimate of their expenses upon application. Final reimbursement is based on the actual expenses per original receipts.
- It will be expected that after the conference/workshop recipients submit a letter describing how the fund has supported their work.